Does it ever end....really?!

Tonight I was surrounded by 3 of my favourite people, I love them dearly for such completely different reasons.  One of these girls is a '20 somethin', but she is who I wish I'd been when I was 20 something -- intelligent, funny, ambitious, gorgeous and brilliantly empathetic.  We are what my grandmother would call kindred spirits, as I drove her home, we talked.  She had picked up on a not so pretty emotion that had hit me during our evening, and one I'd hoped I'd concealed, yet she brought it to me with empathy and kindness.  Her questions made me wonder, as we grow older, and change, and adapt to our circumstances and opportunities, does it ever get easier?  The growing and stretching? 

As we learn to ride a bike we wobble and fall, and fear and flail.  As we become confident we become stronger and more confident, and yet, somehow I feel that not all things are like bicycles.

Each round of challenges feels so unlike the previous, out of my comfort zone.  Out of my grasp.


Comments

Popular Posts