Coffee up & carry on

For as long as can remember, when I am at that place where I have no words or strength left, written words have saved me. Initially it was reading them...over the years the writing drew me out into the world, into myself.

On a page thoughts become clear, unspoken truths become obvious, insights become apparent, prayers get unleashed.  It is as if through metaphor, simile, and even alliteration the tenuous truth becomes transparent in front of my very eyes.

Truth speaks.

The humour emerges, the love is uncovered, the intention softens, the hope begins to radiate into even the darkest spaces.  

But what happens when the words don't make sense, they spill onto the page a cacophony of contradictions. When the truth, but more importantly the path that appears is ragged and piercing like gravel beneath my bare summer feet. This is today.

I think this is what the song was talking about when it crooned "Momma said there'd be days like this".

Life.

Unpredictable and ever surprising.

Just when I thought I had it all figured out.  

At least there is still coffee. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts